BetMGM, the industry leading digital gaming operator in the US, has received the reward for Digital Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards 2021, which were held in Las Vegas on October 4.
The ceremony was held at The Venetian and awarded some of the leading companies in the world of gaming in categories such as Best Land Based Operator, Best Digital Operator, Best Digital Industry Supplier and others.
“We are honored to be recognized by industry peers as this year’s Digital Operator of the Year,” said BetMGM CEO Adam Greenblatt. “A massive thanks to the entire team at BetMGM for their dedication to a world-class player experience.
“With our broad gaming portfolio and strong partnerships, I’m confident that our sports, poker and casino products will continue setting the bar for years to come.”
The company’s incredible growth in the US has not gone unnoticed by industry insiders. The operator has built up its market share in the four states in which it operates: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan and West Virginia, to more than 32%, while increasing its overall revenues by nearly 1,000% between March 2020 and March 2021.
BetMGM has also increased its employee count by 200% over that period, pushing the envelope and ensuring it remains the leader in both sports betting and casino gaming in all the states.
Other winners at Global Gaming Awards
The Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas 2021 event that was held at The Venetian brought together some of the best and brightest minds in the industry, celebrating the success of the industry leaders over the past 12 months.
In total, 14 awards were given away as follows:
- Land Based Operator of the Year: Wynn Resorts
- Digital Operator of the Year: BetMGM
- Land Based Product of the Year: Aristocrat – In The Clear
- Digital Product of the Year: GeoComply – IDComply
- Land Based Industry Supplier of the Year: Aristocrat
- Digital Industry Supplier of the Year: Evolution
- Customer Loyalty Program of the Year: Caesars Entertainment – Caesars Rewards
- Property in North America of the Year: Circa Resort & Casino
- Property LATAM of the Year: Hard Rock Punta Cana
- Product Innovation of the Year: IGT – Resort Wallet with IGTPay
- Slot of the Year: Aristocrat– Buffalo Link
- Payment Solution of the Year: Soo Kim – Bally’s Corporation
- Responsible Business of the Year: The San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
- American Executive of the Year: Sightline Payments
More than 100 executives from some of the top companies in the industry, including many of those who have won the awards, were asked to cast their votes as a part of the process to choose the very best operators and products for 2021.
The event, which has become a staple of the industry, is not only an opportunity to award the very best, but also for the leading people in the industry to come together, share plans and ideas and keep the industry moving in the right direction.
BetMGM has become a US market force
BetMGM first launched in the US back in 2018 and has since become the top sports betting and iGaming operator in the country, entering numerous sports betting markets as well as all the currently regulated online casino and poker markets.
The company currently offers sports betting in 11 states including Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Tennessee, and Virginia to name a few, as well as their casino and poker apps in New Jersey, and Michigan.
The brand’s rapid expansion was one of the key factors behind them being rewarded as the Digital Operator of the Year, and is expected to continue as the operator aims to be available in 20 states by next year.