DraftKings Sportsbook New Jersey stands out as one of the top picks for all sports betting fans in the state. Powered by a well-known and reputable company, this bookmaker features a strong online betting platform that meets the needs of modern-day players.
The sportsbook is licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) which makes it 100% legal and safe. In addition, these regulations ensure that DraftKings follows strict safety precautions and protocols.
The US Supreme Court struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) in May of 2018 because it was unconstitutional. This action led NJ governor, Philip Murphy, to sign the Sports Wagering Law in June of the same year, making sports betting legal. A few months later, in August, DraftKings NJ Sportsbook became the first online bookmaker to launch in the state
As of February 2019, DraftKings added a casino to its NJ location, which had modest offerings at the time. However, since then, the casino services have grown to be competitive with other casinos in NJ.
In this detailed DraftKings New Jersey Sportsbook review, we cover everything about this bookmaker, including the welcome bonus, promotions, betting options, and much more.
Like all regulated bookmakers, the operator offers a welcome bonus for all new players. While the DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonus is not quite up to par with other offers available in the state, it has its advantages as well. The biggest drawback is the fact that the bookmaker only offers a 20% match on the initial deposit, so newcomers do not get as much extra funds to start with.
Get up to $1000 in Bonus Funds
The DraftKings sportsbook has a 20% match bonus on your first deposit, and it will give you up to $1000 to wager with. For example, if you deposit $500, you will get a $100 bonus, while someone who deposits $5000 will get the maximum bonus of $1000. To claim this DraftKings NJ Online Sportsbook bonus, you need to be a new user when you create an account and deposit at least $5.
DraftKings adds the bonus to your account with site credit, and to turn it into money you can withdraw, you will have to meet the wagering requirements. You will have to bet $25 to withdraw $1 of your bonus money for the welcome bonus. So, if you get a $100 bonus, you need to play through at least $2500.
As far as bonuses go, this is not the most valuable one out there, but it is still worth claiming as it represents a nice boost to your betting budget.
- Rewarding ongoing promos
- Quality mobile app
- Great selection of sports
There are frequent DraftKings NJ Sports Betting Promotions available to new and existing users. You can find several types in the website’s promotions section; sometimes, the current promotions are related to the current sports season. DraftKings provides its users with these offers, often daily, weekly, and monthly. Below are the most common types of offers DraftKings NJ provides:
DraftKings has excellent competitive odds, and they will sometimes provide increased odds on some bets. The sportsbook will make it easy to see which games have this offer available. This promotion is popular at DraftKings among bettors and occurs often.
DraftKings will advertise offers where players can win Profit Boost tokens when they complete specific tasks or actions. The promotions tab of your account will have a list of these promotions and the activities to complete. Once you get these tokens, you can use them to boost your odds on a qualifying sport.
DraftKings NJ, like other sportsbooks, gives players opportunities to earn bonus bets. With these credits, you do not have to spend cash to make bets on your favorite sports. Instead, you can earn them by making a certain number of bets through sports-specific promotions or by depositing before a specific date.
Free to Play
DraftKings has daily offers that allow users to play for free for a chance to win big cash prizes. These promotions are based on making picks on a variety of sports markets. This is another popular promotion that users log in daily to claim.
DraftKings NJ Online Sports Betting does not have a formal loyalty rewards program for users. But, that does not mean there is not any value betting at this site. Instead, this company has decided to offer frequent promotions to users to add value for players. Though as more online sportsbooks launch and the market becomes more competitive, DraftKings may add a proper loyalty program.
The DraftKings NJ Mobile Sportsbook app is an excellent addition to the site and provides users with a fantastic overall experience. Not only is the mobile website user-friendly, but the app is as well. Whichever way you want to access the sportsbook, you can use either Android or iOS devices.
Both versions of the app have access to all the incredible features that are on the desktop site. You can access all aspects of your account page, including deposits, withdrawals, the refer a friend section, and the help center.
- Overall design – The DraftKings app provides an easy-to-navigate interface whether you are an experienced bettor or a newbie.
- Stats hub – Quick and easy overview of many important stats to help you make your picks
- Bet slip – Make your first pick and the app will create a slip for you, which can be easily toggled in and out of view and edited as required.
- Promotions – Never miss out on a good promotion thanks to this useful app feature.
- Live betting – Place your in-play bets and follow all the action in real time.
- Responsible gaming – Set your deposit and betting limits, cool-off periods, and more to keep control over your betting habits.
DraftKings NJ offers a large selection of sports for players to bet on. The long list of accepted sports includes both US and international teams for professional and college leagues. So whether you want to bet on baseball, rugby, football, basketball, or soccer, you can find a market to wager in at DraftKings.
While betting in your favorite market, you can choose from various bet types, including but not limited to spreads, teasers, parlays, futures, props, and pools. In addition, DraftKings will have live betting for some sporting events and will update the odds in real-time through a computer algorithm.
With all the bet types and sports available, DraftKings NJ is on par with other sportsbooks in the state. Here is a brief overview of some of the bets you can make at DraftKings NJ:
- Live Betting – This bet type is also called in-play betting; they are wagers you can make while a game or event is happening. DraftKings uses an algorithm to adjust the odds as the game progresses.
- Parlays – For this bet, you increase your chances of winning big or losing a significant amount by combining two or more small bets into one.
- Futures – These are bets on events that have not happened yet, like who will win the next major sporting event.
- Money Line – This type of bet allows you to choose if the underdog or the favorite will win the game.
- Spreads – In this bet, also known as point spreads, the team you are betting on must win or lose by a set number of points, determined by DraftKings, for you to win the wager.
- Over/Under – DraftKings will predict a combined score for the teams playing, and bettors have to choose if the actual total points will be over or under the set amount.
- Teasers – In this bet type, you can combine bets from two different games, but your odds will decrease. It is most commonly used in football and basketball markets.
- Prop Bets – This bet type is available in all betting markets. They are wagers made on actions that occur during the game but do not affect the outcome of a game.
- Pools – In this bet, all the money collected from the stakes on a sports event is added to a pool where winners based on previously set conditions split the pot.
DraftKings accepts several banking options for deposits and withdrawals, knowing that this is an essential aspect of online sports betting. Additionally, since this sportsbook is licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, it provides its users with fast and reliable transactions.
DraftKings NJ has increased the number of payment methods it accepts since it launched. Using any of the banking options will allow you to make deposits from $5 to $2000. All the methods listed below make it easy to add money to your account, and the funds are available instantly for all but the bank transfer:
- Debit/Credit Card
- Bank Transfer
- DraftKings Play+ Prepaid Card
There are not as many banking options to withdraw funds from your account. To cash out, you need to have at least $20 in your account, and you must verify your identity. When you use the Play+ Prepaid Card and PayPal, you will get your funds instantly. E-checks take between three to six business days to process. When you opt to withdraw using a check by mail, it will take the most extended time, from 10 to 14 business days. Here are the methods you can use to take out your winnings:
- DraftKings Play+ Prepaid Card
- Check in the mail
What Makes DraftKings Sportsbook NJ a Good Choice?
If you are an NJ bettor, DraftKings is a great option for you. It does not take long to register for an account, the software runs smoothly, and there is a wide selection of sports markets to bet on. Whether you are using the app or website, it is high quality, has easy navigation, and will have access to all the same information, including making bets.
Great Range of Betting Options
DraftKings allows its users to bet on various domestic and international sports. At DraftKings, you can place several types of bets such as parlays, over/under, money lines, pools, teasers, point spreads, round robins, futures, and many more. When you open an account with DraftKings, you will get some of the most competitive odds in NJ. below are just a few of the options:
- Mixed Martial Arts
When you sign up for the sportsbook, you also get access to DraftKings’ Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) and casino services. You can make bets, play casino games, and enter DFS contests all from one account and use the same deposited funds.
If you like to play online casino games, you will be happy to know that DraftKings has been increasing its casino game collection, and they continue to add more games monthly. With the integration of these gambling services, you do not have to worry about running out of things to bet on.
Frequent and Rewarding Promotions
Both new and existing players claim the frequent promotions DraftKings offers its users. To do so, just check the promotions section in your account to see what offers are currently running. Then click on the promo to see how to claim it and its wagering requirements. Another compelling aspect of DraftKings NJ is that you can look forward to:
- Generous the DraftKings NJ Sports Betting Bonus welcome package and frequent promotions
- Compatibility with desktop, Android, and iOS devices
- Various bet types you can use in both domestic and international sports markets
Reliable Customer Support
DraftKings also takes its connection with its customers seriously and wants to ensure they get the help they need. If players have a problem, they can use the FAQ page or contact the customer support team directly. For the sportsbook, support is available 24/7 via email, messaging, and Twitter.
How to Join DraftKings Sportsbook New Jersey
It does not take long to create an account on the DraftKings website. To register at this NJ gambling operator, you need to be at least 21 years old. However, when you register, you do not need to be in the state, but you will need to be in NJ to make a bet.
- Click Our Exclusive Link: In this article, there are some links that open a new tab where you can follow the instructions to start the registration process.
- Username and Password: Enter your email address and create a username as well as a password so you can log in later.
- Identity Verification: This step is essential to keep your personal information safe. DraftKings verifies your identity by entering your personal details into a form, which requires you to enter the following information: your first and last name, date of birth, address, last four digits of your SSN, and phone number.
- Confirming Your Account: If DraftKings can verify your identity, you will get a notification confirming your status, and you can move on to the next step.
- If your identity cannot be verified, you must refill the form; check to see if you made any typos. If DraftKings still cannot verify your identity, you will have to verify your account manually. This means you will need to upload a signed copy of your W9 or upload copies of your social security card and government-issued ID.
- Finishing Up: Confirm that you are at least 21 years old and that you have read the DraftKings terms and conditions. That is it; you can start using your account.
- Getting the App: Once you have finished registering, a prompt will ask you if you want to download the app. If you do follow the provided instructions or you can use one of the links in this article.
- Claiming the Welcome Bonus: Go to the promotions page and click on the welcome bonus. Then click the button to claim it and have the offer applied to your account.
- Make a Deposit: Go to the cashier section of your account and deposit at least $5 with one of the accepted payment methods. Then start making bets to be able to withdraw your bonus cash.
DraftKings NJ Sportsbook Parent Company
On April 23, 2020, Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corporation (DEAC) merged with DraftKings and its land-based partner Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, which allowed it to become the US’s only vertically integrated online gambling service. The CEO of DraftKings has stated that this decision will help the company be more innovative in its products and grow more. DEAC is a blank check company, and its goal is to purchase smaller companies to allow them to go public. Since DraftKings is already a well-known iGaming brand, it is expected that this move will only lead to its growth and spread to other states in the country.
- Rewarding ongoing promos
- Quality mobile app
- Great selection of sports
Do I have to be in New Jersey to bet on sports at DraftKings NJ Sportsbook?
Yes, you need to be in the state of New Jersey to use DraftKings NJ sportsbook. The company uses geolocation technology to figure out where people are when they attempt to make a bet. You will still be able to download the app and view odds from outside the state, but you will not be able to make a wager. You do not need to be a resident just within the borders of the state.
Is DraftKings NJ Sportsbook Legal and Safe?
Yes, DraftKings NJ is fully licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. In addition, it follows all the required statutes set by the Sports Wagering Law. So, DraftKings NJ sportsbook is 100% legal and safe.
What kind of a welcome bonus does DraftKings Sportsbook NJ offer?
All new bettors can get a 20% bonus up to $1000 at DraftKings New Jersey. This is not the biggest of bonuses out there, but it still represents a nice boost for those new to the site, giving them some extra funds to place their wagers with.
What personal information do I need to provide to sign up for DraftKings NJ Sportsbook?
To sign up for an account, you will need to fill in the following personal information to verify your identity:
- Full name
- Last four of your SSN
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address
What banking methdos can I use to fund my DraftKings Sportsbook NJ account?
There is a solid variety of options to put money into your DraftKings New Jersey account. These include:
- Debit/Credit Card
- Bank Transfer
- DraftKings Play+ Prepaid Card
Can I play online casino games and poker on DraftKings NJ?
Yes, you can use DraftKings NJ’s sportsbook, casino, and poker room from the same account. You can also use the same deposited funds for all parts of the website.
Can I bet on sports from my mobile phone at DraftKings NJ?
Yes, the website is user-friendly for both desktop and mobile browsers. However, if you do not want to use your phone’s browser, you can download the DraftKings app through the provided links on both Android and iOS devices. The app has access to everything available on the website, including games, bonuses, deposits, and withdrawals.
How to Earn Extra $$ with DraftKings Dynasty Rewards Program
Want to take full advantage of the most rewarding rewards program in online sports betting? Here’s how to earn Dynasty Crowns at DraftKings Sportsbook NJ & progress through the five VIP Tiers, unlocking extra perks & rewards as you go.
NJ Regulator Fines DraftKings $150K for Proxy Betting Scheme
Complaint shows DK employee catering to VIPs with lavish gifts and encouraging a Florida man to place high stakes sports bets through a friend in New Jersey.
New Jersey Online Casino Revenue Hits Record $135.3 Million
Online poker operators grossed $2.6 million in January, marking the 23rd consecutive month of revenue above $2 million.
DraftKings Sportsbook NJ Taking Bets on the Academy Awards
Will Smith, Nicole Kidman, Jane Campion and “The Power of the Dog” are early betting favorites for Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Picture for the 2022 Oscars.